Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Saturday August 16th

So this weekend Ryan's brother Kenny and his family were in town. We went to see Nana and Papa's new house and visit with Kenny and the fam. The new house is absolutely beautiful. So much room for the kids to run around and a beautiful backyard for Isaiah to exhaust himself in. It is just magnificent! We had a delicious meal of steak, baked potatoe, rolls, salad, and the most delicious sauteed mushrooms (and I don't like mushrooms). Nana and Julie always outdo themselves cooking. It's always delicious. I really should come over earlier, so they can teach me their secrets! (I was too busy sleeping from working the night before...really who needs sleep) Ryan's mom found the boys' old Heman and thundercat toys, so Isaiah and Nana had fun washing them off in the backyard and then we ALL played with them. Brings back so many memories! To think Isaiah is playing with Ryan's old action figures!!!! Oh and they also found the boys' old baseball cards, so Isaiah will get those later too. I think their was a little controversy on where exactly some of them went. We are convinced that Nana and Papa sold them to buy the new house......Just Kidding! Jackson and Hope loved talking to each other....of course that was after Hope stopped screaming....she really needs to learn how to make a better impression! J/K And of course we ended the night watching Michael Phelps swim for his eighth Gold Medal....It was so awesome. I think all of us were on the edge of our seats! All around we had an awesome time. Of course, that's how it is at The Merkel Fam! But we did miss Ted and Cassie :( I think we may need to go on a road trip to visit OKC, OK!

Ryan holding his handsome nephew/godson Jackson
My beautiful girl, Hope, crawling all over the floor! She took four steps for the first time Sat. !!!
Julie holding Jackson who is chewing on an Old School BatMan toy!
Isaiah (in Kenny's old Nebraska Huskers sweater) cleaning off the toys with Nana
Papa and "the boys" playing with the old action figures. BTW...Check out Jackson's slippers...Love em'
Can't wait to see Kenny, Julie and Jackson again. Miss you already!

No comments: