Monday, August 25, 2008

Eventful Weekend

I can't believe it's already Monday. The weekend flew by. We started the weekend by spending all day looking for a homeschool desk for Isaiah. We couldn't find one ('the one') we liked. Well we were headed to church and while driving there Hope let out a massive scream and started to cry hysterically. So I told Ryan 'pull over the car something isn't right.' Well when I went to the backseat I discovered a little baby girl with the left side of her face covered in hives and red bloches! Isaiah had been drinking a carton of chocolate milk and must have flung the straw or something at her. So I went to get her out of the carseat and she was burning up. I gave her benadryl (to prevent the anaphylaxis) and just held her for awhile till she calmed down and the hives went away. We obviously weren't going to church now, so we headed home while I sat in the backseat with Hope to make sure she didn't stop breathing or something from all her lovely allergies! So when we got home she was still burning up, so I told Ryan off to Urgent Care we go. My dad and stepmom were so nice to watch Isaiah over night for us, so we didn't have to drag him to urgent care. Well by the time we got there she had 101 degree fever and was covered in snot!!! Well we, suprisingly, were not there for long. Her official diagnosis was a Very Bad Ear Infection, With lots of fluid and LOTS of congestion. So off to walgreens to fill the prescription and finally to bed at almost midnight....only to wake up every hour for the rest of the night with Hope. My poor little girl! Then I woke up Sunday and I had to go grocery shopping because it was the only day I had and we were left eating crumbs if not! After grocery shopping we headed to my dad's house in the mountains for some R&R and to pick up Isaiah of course! We were sitting outside and I gave Hope some crackers and she stuck one on the table and then back in her mouth and then my brother says, "did she have those red spots on her face before?" Yes, ladies and gentleman another allergic reaction. There was dried yogurt on the table and Hope stuck her cracker in it right before she put it in her mouth. So we watched her for a little bit because I didn't want to give her anymore drugs. She was already on motrin and antibiotics. So her spots went away and we ate dinner. We were cleaning up and Ryan brings Hope in and she is getting hives again all over her face. So I thought we will watch her.....nope, within seconds her face started to swell and very quickly get covered in red bloches and hives. So she got a little dose of Benadryl and then was slowly back to normal. My gosh people....three reactions in 24hrs. AHHHH! Well we ended the night playing some Wii Mario Kart and Hope crashed out in my arms! My poor baby girl, Please pray she outgrows this! So I put a few pics of the weekend.
~Isaiah wanted to eat by himself in this chair, he was exhausted from being spoiled rotten all weekend!~
~My dad finally got to hold and play with Hope after it took her forever to warm up to him~
~Take two of the cuteness~
~The boys(Ryan, Craig, and Mark) playing Mario Kart on the Wii~
~This is how Hope woke up Sunday morning...Her left eye stuck half shut and her nose was covered/closed with boogies....But she is still smiling! One day she will kill me for posting this pic!~
Here's to a week of no more allergic reactions and healthy kiddos!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's so scary! My daughter used to get all sorts of allergic rashes (not as bad as Hope), but she outgrew them by age 3 for the most part. I hope the same goes for you guys! She's such a cutie to still be so happy!

Cheryl said...

well, we're very fortunate that Kayli's were mainly skin allergies. Cinnamon and something in Ranch dressing were the worst culprits. She still has slight reactions, but they're not as bad. The rest were never diagnosed, she would just get random horrible rashes all over her body. She always responded well to Bendadryl, so the Dr. didn't worry about it.
She does have a dust mite allergy, but it's nothing compared to what poor Hope has to go through. And you guys too, of course! Sorry I'm not really any help!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

It was so great to hear from you. You are amazing and your kids are adorable. I can't believe all that you are doing. We definitely need to get together. I think we live pretty close to each other. Email me your address and we'll stop by.

One of them Youngs... said...

OMG! You are SO "people i love". So sorry...but you are right...I just couldn't bear with the devastation of looking at pics of you and not having the geographical closeness. Erica has been texting me pictures of msc cheese tonight...so that is helping me cope :)

Bowdens said...

That is so scary! I hope she outgrows all of those allergic reactions!! You must have a major supply of benadryl! Glad she's okay!!