Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Weekend

It was an eventful weekend filled with lots of birhtday celebrations. My mother-in-law and my stepmom both have the same birthday (Nov. 14) just a few years apart. So on Friday I cooked my mother-in-laws favorite dinner and Isaiah and I baked a "carnival" (marble) cake and we took it to their house. We had a great dinner and watched Kung Fu Panda on their new blue-ray player. I must say it was amazing! Of course, I forgot the camera so we didn't get to capture any of the fun memories. Isaiah loved baking the cake and then "helping" nana blow out the candles. We were all so busy talking that we will definetly have to watch Kung Fu Panda again...but it was a little freaky that a Kung Fu snake beat up a Kung Fu Panda! I of course got on my mother-in-law's good side by telling her "Well you may not be 50, but you are living your 50th year!" Just an FYI...Mother-in-laws really don't want to hear how old they are. However I think making the dinner made up for it! Next time I will have to bring the camera.
Then on Sunday we went to my Dad's house to celebrate my stepmom's bday and my dad's bday(Nov. 19th)! We had a delicious meal cooked by Cindy (my stepmom), enjoyed some homemade salsa by muah, some pomegrant jelly made by Craig & Beth, and black bottom pie a la Cindy, and of course some Costco Apple pie (I'm not into the pie makin thing yet, I barely know how to cook dinner)! It was a fun-filled evening with lots of awesome company! It was pretty funny watching Mark get the dog's tennis ball out of the tree with the end of the broom and listening to Hope's Shrilly screams everytime she saw the dogs! But I did remember the camera, so here are a few pics.

My brother, Mark and nepehew, Alex


Cindy sporting the new hat, gloves, and scarf we bought her.....we decided it was better for everyone if she didn't wear the hat!!!


Birthday woman waitin for her turn to open the presents


Dad sportin the Scarf and Hat we gave him


Dad opening his presents


So in conclusion, I think November is an awesome month because there are some pretty amazing people born in November. And we love all of them so much and are so very grateful and Thankful for everything the continually do for us. They are a blessing to everyone they encounter!

No comments: